Dogs are the best companions of children. Children are supposed to have a special and a closer relationship with their dogs than anyone in the family. In return, dogs are more attached with the children in the family. Also, it is surprising to know that kids not only have a tendency to treat their dogs as their support systems, but also consider them as their siblings, especially at the time of an adversity. This happens despite the fact that the dogs don’t actually understand what the kids are trying to say.
Children who live with a pet dog can understand them in a better manner. They have a better knowledge of the interests of their dogs. Some things that only kids understand when they are with dogs are –
1. Dog barks- Children can understand the dog barks more efficiently than the people in the house. They are better able to judge that when a dog is angry and makes subtle noises. According to a research conducted, children are blessed with a natural talent to decipher the meaning attached to the bark of a dog. No doubt dogs and children enjoy a very special bond between them.
2. Guessing gestures- Children understand gestures more than words. So, this is the reason that children can make out the gestures of their dogs when they are with them. Further, by guessing the gestures they play with them all day long. As children cannot understand the meaning of each and every word, they interpret through human visual signals. This is the same thing as done by the dogs. So the children better understand the dogs when they are playing or sitting with them. A research has pointed out that a 2 year old child and a dog understood all the gestures of each other except the pointing of an arm towards an intruder and knee pointing.
3. Children better understand the emotions- Children have a great understanding towards responsibility, compassion and empathy, similar to the pet animals. The kind of relationship shared between a dog and a child is about empathy and compassion. Children understand about nature, environment and about the roles that animals play in our society as well as the environment.
4. Instinctual- Both the dogs and the young children are naturally instinctual. This is the reason that they both get along with each other so well. Both of them take resort to direct communication, and they do this through energy, body language and intention. The kids can only understand all this because they communicate in the same way as well. Also, some researchers have shown that your dog can very well read your facial expressions and kids are very bad at hiding their facial emotions or expressions. So, as the emotions are shown on the face, they both can only understand different types of emotions of each other reflected on the face.
5. Visuals assist kids in understanding things when they are with the dogs. Kids allow the dog to lead and run behind them. In short, the kids learn to obey and respect people around them. They give the same respect and love to the dogs.
[Kid’s Dog – Find Out Best Small Dog For Your Kinds! ]
So, if you own a dog, then you must be aware that kids have a natural affinity towards the dogs, and vice versa. They are particularly attracted towards the dogs. However, any one can be bitten by a dog. Kids are no exception. They should be taught how to be safe with the pet in the house. They should be made to learn how to respect and care for the animals, when they are with the dogs.