Many Indians are dog lovers. There is a craze of dog adoption in India especially among kids and teenagers. You can see dogs as pets in countless homes in India and this number is increasing day by day. There are certain dog breeds which are very popular in India and they are getting adopted over a large number. But there are some dog breeds which are extremely popular worldwide but not popular in India. Let’s take a peek at the list of such dog breeds:
1. Siberian husky: Siberian Huskies have their origin from Siberia, Russia. It is a very energetic and a strong medium size dog breed. It is one of the most beautiful dog breed and is famous for its wolf like look and blue eyes.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Cavalier has its origin from United Kingdom. It comes under toy dog breeds and is one of the largest among them. It is playful, friendly and affectionate
3. Border Collie: It has its origin from Anglo-Scottish border region. It was especially developed for herding. It is a very intelligent and energetic dog breed. He is famous for his intense stare.
4. Cocker spaniel: It has its origin form United Kingdom. It has two modern breeds – American Cocker Spaniel and English Cocker Spaniel. It was mainly developed for hunting purposes. Cockers have been one of the most successful dog breed in dog shows.
5. Pembroke Welsh Corgi : Corgis have their origin from Pembrokeshire, Wales. It comes in herding group of dog breed and is one of smallest among them. They are highly trainable, active and intelligent.
6. Shetland Sheepdog: Shelties are originated from Scotland, it is a herding dog breed. It is an intensely loyal breed and it is also intelligent, playful and affectionate.
7. Miniature schnauzer: It is small dog breed, which has its origin from Germany. It is famous for square-shaped build, double coat and wiry fur. It is happy, playful and obedient dog.