Sprawled out on the floor of the kitchen, Curled up cosily in a warm and discarded coat or Cuddled in to your car’s back seat, are all some of the places that are found adequate by your dog to sleep comfortably. The places seem cosy and comfortable too. No doubt your dog can sleep at any of these places, but this does not mean that it should prefer sleeping anywhere. As a responsible pet owner, you should make it a point to provide your dog with the warmest, cosy, gentle and comfortable bed that is personal to it.
It’s warm, soft and cosy bed will be a retreat to it at night and it can take a nap on it anytime throughout the day. So, you should choose your dog’s bed by keeping certain parameters in mind to provide the maximum benefit to your dog during all the days and seasons. Below are listed some of the ways through which a dog bed can benefit both you and your beloved dog-
Advantages/ Benefits of the right dog bed for you and your pet-
1. Cushion- A nice dog bed shall provide your beloved dog with a comfortable, soft place where it can rest its bones as well as joints. The resting part becomes very essential if your dog is aging.
2. Insulation- During the summers and winters, a dog bed provides an extremely essential way of insulation. It certainly acts as a protective layer and a separation between the hot ground in summers and cold chilly floors in winters.
3. Hair and odour control- Dog beds are the way to keep your home clean and maintained as the dog hair and its odour is concentrated only at a single area i.e. the dog’s bed. You will just have to clean the dog bed. A right and comfortable dog bed will discourage your dog to sit on your upholstery and make it unclean. Further, better quality dog beds offer easy to clean water resistant properties.
4. Personal space- Everyone needs personal space. As each member of your family requires the much needed rest, same is the case with your dog. Your dog requires the much needed space where it can feel relaxed, protected and safe.
Surely, by giving your dog its personal space and its personal warm bed, which it can call its own, you are giving it an extremely valuable and important space in your family and household.
Now, the main question arises- How to choose the right kind of bed for your dog?
Now you are very well aware of the fact that your dog wants his own personal bed, but how will you select the right bed for your dog? To choose the best quality dog bed, you should keep in mind the following the factors-
1. Size– Now, the size of the dog bed should be chosen appropriately. It should be big enough to accommodate your dog’s body especially when it stretches out itself. It is recommended that first of all you should measure the size of your dog and then select the dog bed at least five inches wider and longer than the actual size of your dog.
2. Ease of cleaning and maintaining– There are many superior quality and technologically innovative dog beds available in the market. Choose a bed that is water resistant as well as very easy to clean up and maintain.
3. Location– This depends on the preference of your dog. If your dog likes sleeping outside, then you should consider choosing a bed that can effectively resist mold fungus. It should also be able to resist other environmental hazards. Choosing such type of bed will help in avoiding any kind of health problems.
4. Superior quality- Just as you will choose the perfect and world class quality bed for your own self; similarly you should select a bed for your dog that is of durable and superior quality materials.
Selection of the bed on which you sleep on is very important. Just as buying a bed for your own self is not simply a sales pitch, consider that your dog will also spend its third of life on its bed. Rather, a comfortable and soft bed is more important for a dog. As a responsible and considerate owner, it is our duty to find them a comfortable, protected and very relaxing place to just simply hang out with its family or sleep. Luckily, the bed for your beloved furry companion is much cheaper than a bed for a human. A superior quality dog bed is worth every penny that you will spend on it. So ask yourself this question that does your dog have a comfortable and luxurious bed or does it share it with you or it is comfortable napping at any place in the house?