Serrade Petit is a cute, little cat that is known for its attention seeking nature. It is slightly active and love to indulge in a lot of jumping and running around. At the same time, it does not mind lazying around when it feels like. Moreover, it is very important that to ensure their proper health, they are allowed to exercise a little. Since they love a lot of attention, when the owners participate in a variety of activities with them, the cats love all the adoring and undivided attention. These cats are also known for frequent vocalization wherein they indulge in a lot of meowing and sometimes unwanted and unnecessary crying. Training them right from the very beginning can control this behavior to a considerable extent.
Importance of Serrade Petit Training
Serrade Petit has a very friendly, social and playful temperament, which makes them totally suitable for training. These cats have a unique personality and as such it may be a little challenging to train these cats. The pet owners need to be quite tolerant and patient when training their cats. These cats gel wonderfully well with their owners, but when there are visitors at home, they take a little time to get comfortable with them. It is very important that these cats are trained right from the very beginning and are made to understand the rules of the house to be followed.
Useful Training Equipment and Accessories for Serrade Petit Training Cat
A variety of tools and equipment are available in the market that assists in the training of this cat.
Teaching Simple Commands
In order to control the behavior of your beloved cat, it is important that you start training your cat from the day one it is welcomed home. Simple commands like “sit”, “stay”, “stand”, etc need to be taught. It can be done by using a perfect combination of positive reinforcements and the sound of a clicker. This way, the cat will start understanding these commands fairly easily.
It is important that your cat is toilet trained right from the beginning. Toilet training is not only important from hygiene point of view, but also for the good health of the people staying in a house. Either, a suitable size litter box can be used for the purpose or the cat can be trained to use the human toilet, if it is big in size. When it behaves in the manner as expected, it is best to give it a reward or a reat to reinforce the behavior.
Fetching and Retrieving
As this cat is quite active and energetic, it loves to participate in a variety of games. The most common game that it loves to play is fetching and retrieving. Playing this game also help them to enjoy a good relationship with their owners and a strong bond is created between them.
This is on the whole a marker based training where a handheld clicker is used by the trainer, making a click sound as soon as the pet indulges in a pleasing behavior. The sharp sound made by the clicker makes the cat understand the behavior expected by the trainer.
Different Training Required for a Serrade Petit Cat
- Cats can undergo litter box training ant an age of 3-4 weeks. Initially, the cat needs to be trained about the location of the litter box so that it does not eliminate anywhere it pleases.
- Once the cats start using a litter box, they would need a little privacy and the same must be allowed to them.
- Leash training your cat will allow it to enjoy a nice walk or stroll outdoors, which is otherwise not possible.
- Buy a harness, especially designed for cats.
- Leave the harness and leash close to the cat for some time and allow it to get used to it.
- Gently make the cat wear the harness and take her outside.
Do’s and Don’ts in Providing Training to a Serrade Petit cat
|Serrade Petit cats are unique and quite adorable, but it is essential to be a little firm with them.||Cat house training is a little challenging, but not impossible. The idea is to stay cool, but firm.|
|Use their name to call them so that they start responding to it.||Do not yell or be extra strict with them.|
Tips to Make the Training Task Easy for A Serrade Petit cat
Certain tips can help in training your Serrade Petit cat in the most easy manner.
- Serrade Petit cats are not only one of its kind and gorgeous in looks and appearance, but they are quite smart and bright and eager to learn.
- Make the training sessions amusing and exciting for them for speedier learning.
- Be attentive to your cat, understand its cues and use positive reinforcement.