Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
DOGS & CATS LOVERS Pet Supply Frontline Pet Products Cat Bed Dog Training Pet Insurance Frontline Flea Bird House Dog Obedience Training
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Which is better Kennel or Crate?

I am trying to figure out which one will be the best for a family of Siberian Husky. As what I have mentioned a few days ago, Cookie just gave birth to adorable puppies. She’s actually owned by my cousin, the space on their backyard is enough for a big family like them. Cookie sleeps on the floor while the basket with pads is being occupied by her little ones — that dog is too aggressive to any visitors that will check her babies which is alarming since she only have the collar to stop him from chasing someone. I have suggested that it will be better if all of them stay on the kennel since it safe and the crate won’t be spacious enough for them to occupied. Dog kennel is a good investment as this puppies will absolutely grow in the future. And then the debate follows as Coleen told me that the pups can stay on their pads while Cookie must stay on a crate instead. In your point of view which will be the best, is it the kennel or crate?

VETERINARY EDUCATION Veterinary School Online Veterinary Degree Online Bachelor Degree Online Distance Degree Online Master Degree Online Online Courses MBA Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online

Just my personal opinion: dogs are pets and should not be confined to kennels or crates. They deserve freedom of movement. How would humans feel if they were confined to a crate by another more powerful being?

I would suggest getting a very large dog bed (or two or three large sun-lounger covers) for the mother and puppies to sleep on. The issue of the temporary protective instinct of the mother has already been discussed in another thread; this instinctive protectiveness will rapidly pass as the puppies grow.