Bake your dog something scary-tasty this Halloween with this recipe for Spooky Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats from Posh Celebrations.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter (no salt, no sugar, no xylitol or preservatives)
- Place rolled oats in food processor, and grind into flakes.
- In a bowl, beat together bananas and peanut butter until smooth with a mixer, then add oat flakes, and mix well.
- If the dough is too dry, add more peanut butter. If too sticky, add more oat flakes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1⁄4- inch thickness and cut out shapes using a mini cookie cutter (e.g., “spooky cat,” ghost or pumpkin).
- Place cut shapes 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a baking rack and store in refrigerator. (Makes 3 dozen treats.)
Find recipes, games and other pet party planning ideas in Posh Celebrations.